Non-essential travel prohibited as of January 27th 2021
Extra documents for travelling
For travelling abroad from Belgium, the extra documents required are:
- Your identity card or international passport. Do not forget to check the validity. If you have a dual nationality, bring the passport of your second nationality in case this is required for the country of destination.
- Sworn statement on essential travel reason. Download the form here. See below for more information.
- When travelling for professional purposes, you need a Business Travel Abroad (BTA) form. The employer needs to complete this BTA form before you travel. Before travelling back to Belgium, you must complete the Passenger Locator Form. If you indicate that you are “travelling for professional purposes”, you will be requested to fill in your BTA certificate number.
- For some countries a negative COVID -19 test certificate is required.
- Check which travel restrictions apply, if any, and which conditions you have to meet in the country you are flying to. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, some countries are subject to travel restrictions which are converted into colour codes. Departing abroad is therefore on your own responsibility. Check your destination here.
Essential travel reasons
From 27 January to 1 March 2021, you may only travel abroad for an essential reason. You must hold a sworn statement.
What is an essential reason?
- Professional reasons. Please also check the BTA form to facilitate business travel.
- Compelling family reasons, e.g. to visit a child or partner, to attend a marriage or funeral of a close relative.
- Humanitarian reasons, e.g. for a medical reason, to help an elderly person.
- Study reasons.
- Residents of border regions.
- Other urgent reasons, e.g. to take care of an animal, to move house
Source of this information on 25/01/2021, and for more information: info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/
All the information on current travel restrictions originates from the Foreign Affairs Ministry. For more information, the Foreign Affairs call centre can be reached at +32 (0) 2 501 4000 on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm (Belgian time). The call centre is closed during weekends and on holidays and bridging days.
We’re happy to help. In case of questions, please contact your FLYINGGROUP representative.
Click to read our Covid-19 Safety card
Click to read our Pre-flight passenger information leaflet